Ubah at 42, weeps over high poverty rate in Anambra

Chief Executive Officer of Capital Oil and Gas Ltd and Anambra State gubernatorial candidate of Labour Party (LP), Ifeanyi Ubah, on Wednesday broke down in tears over the high poverty rate in the state. Ubah, who was celebrating his 42nd birthday at St. Peter Clever Catholic Church, Otolo, Nnewi, Anambra State, displayed the overflow of emotion while addressing the congregation. He lamented: “It is unfortunate that our people are living in penury. Most young men and women graduate from the universities and they do not have jobs.
“The level of unemployment in Anambra State is pathetic. I have seen poverty and I can understand what our people are going through. “Government comes and goes and they make promises that they do not keep. This is a very unfortunate situation.
“Government is all about people and empowering people; not empty promises that end up in the news. “I weep for the poor and less privileged people in my state. I weep for my brothers and sisters “I weep for the pensioners that are not paid their entitlements, I weep for the business men and women that pay so much tax for their shops, but customers do not come to buy from them”. Ubah noted that it was against this backdrop that he has chosen to employ as much as he could in his company to wipe away tears from the eyes of the masses. “If you go to Capital Oil, you will discover that a lot of young men and women are all occupied and working.
“I wish I could have the opportunity to employ every young person that comes my way. And that is why I seek to serve my people as governor so that I can create more jobs. “All the 21 Local Government Areas of Anambra State would have at least three small and medium scale companies that will employ at least 100 people and this would be done in less than two years”. Also speaking at the reception, National Chairman of Labour Party, Dan Nwanyanwu, noted that “Our candidate has no godfather and nobody will lord it over him on how he will manage the affairs of Anambra State. “Our party, the Labour Party, has a human face and we are poised to ensure that Anambra State moves to another level.
“I wish to guarantee Anambra people that our candidate, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, will not disappoint you people and that is why we in Labour Party nominated him as our candidate.

http://www.rss.firetoms.com/#article.php?siteName=DailyIndependentNigeria&origLink=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyindependentnig.com%2F%3Fp%3D116646

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aircraft: FG threatens to prosecute Rivers for forgery.