I'm not an outgoing person- Miss Nigeria

This is an exclusive interview that the newly crowned Miss Nigeria, Miss Akudo had with the Punch Newspaper, She sheds light into her background lifestyle,ambitions and projects.
Background
My name is Anyioha Ezinne Akudo. I am 23 years old.  I am a law graduate from Imo State University. My family?  We are an average family and my mother tried her best to make sure we had everything. Initially, things were a bit difficult but then, my parents worked hard to take care of the family.
Miss Nigeria experience
This is my first attempt at a beauty pageant and I feel great. It was a keenly contested competition but I expected to emerge winner because of my faith in God. I believed He was going to make me win. God’s grace gave me the edge. I was not even visible during the dance session because I was in the back row. There was nothing exceptional about my dance either. Although from the feedback I got, people said they liked my carriage and composure.
Friends
I will behave like a queen to my friends but it does not mean I will treat them differently. However, they will understand this is a different setting and I am not expected to act as I used to. There were some things I did before that I am no longer at liberty to do now as a queen. As a queen, I am an ambassador and I am also supposed to be a role model to youths.
Before I emerged a queen
I hardly sleep and most of the time, I am awake till midnight. When I wake up in the morning, I prepare breakfast for my father because he takes his food to work after which I get back to bed. I then make lunch for the family.  I don’t really go out, I am always indoors.
 Diet
I will not stop eating beans because it’s my favourite meal. I also like eba. Now that I am a beauty queen, I will always place Nigerian food on my preferred menu.
Project
I will try my best to get the partnership I need to empower young people. At this point, I wish I had the platform I need to do certain things.
My career
I have been well groomed and have the ability to speak in public and be a good advocate. I know it will also help in the project I am embarking on. The fact that I studied law is an advantage because it gave me an edge. When my reign is over, I will go to law school before going for Masters in International humanitarian law. It is dedicated to countries at war and the rules that guide the fight. I have been fascinated with the issue for a long time and I am always interested in Geneva conventions. I hope to work with the United Nations.
Pet project
I am going to set up a project and use the platform to speak up against rape and sexual violence against women. I once had friends who were raped. One of them was raped in school last year when she went to read in one of the classes.  I will use the Miss Nigeria platform to mobilize campaigns against the practice, in addition to assisting victims of rape gain access to legal aid and counselling. Rape destabilizes victims psychologically, I know the ordeal my friend passed through.If it is handled well, it can go very far. If we are successful here, we can also get people who are interested in the issue in other countries to be a part of it. There are non governmental organisations handling the issue already, I will partner with them and start the campaign here in Lagos before moving to other cities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aircraft: FG threatens to prosecute Rivers for forgery.