I'm living my dream - Tiwa Savage

If you think she’s talented, you’re absolutely right. If you say she’s been lucky, it’s also true though she believes God has always been there for her more than being lucky. Tiwa Savage is the brain behind Kelekele  which was inspired by her personal experience. There’s no doubt that she’s a success as she’s a renowned singer and songwriter. In her interview with Daily Sun,  she tells her story just the way it happened . Excerpts:
Would you say you are lucky? When I say lucky, I mean in the context that you have been in the music industry for 2 years and growing bigger . There are few female artistes that have succeeded in the music sector…
I don’t really like to attribute  things to  luck. I would rather say that I’m blessed. I’m not the only person with  musical talent or gift. For some reason I feel like God chose me. I feel blessed and also I can’t discredit the fact that I work very  hard and I have a team of people who work really hard. The stress, the sleepless nights and all. We study other brands, we look at Brandy, Beyonce, Chaka Khan and different people. We go through their history and we see what worked and what didn’t work for them. We also think about  our culture. Certain things  might work and might not work in our culture. It’s a balance of all these things that I would say  has brought me this far. Sometimes I am shocked myself because moving back to Nigeria was just to test the waters and for me to still be here and in this place I am blessed.
Would you go back to the UK?
I actually went back. When I went back I saw the reaction of people. The song received massive airplay. On the radio,  TV and in the streets.  I just knew that God had paved the way and I was just basically walking in the destiny He created.
And no album yet?

No album till now.

To read more click here

Culled from The Sun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aircraft: FG threatens to prosecute Rivers for forgery.