SWEET MOTHER BY OLOYEDE MICHAEL TAIWO


Like a lump in her womb 
Was my seed in her tube 
Washing her skin into mottled pigment of St.louis cube 

Invoking amidst her being a strange feud 
As the odd presence of a teetotaller in a pub 




Her feet clogged with the weight of beach sands 
Swinging her waist in unfair balance 

Her mouth wane 
Like murky streams in holes 
cut-out in cones 
Insipid like the savour of metal bones 


Her words in slurry mime 
Sticky as reptilian slime 

My birth an awaited grace 
Shutting her face 
In the theatre of bizzarred fate 

Clock ticks slowly 
Moments drag excessively 
The pangs of death shrill loudly 

Darkness crest her shoulders 
Weakness she shuddered 
Her eyes flapping like papery shutters 

A form within troubles for the world to see 

In a minute the ethereal world she sojourned 
The energy of bliss in tears to summon 

In her head were sparks of devastating lightning 
Submerging her world in ferocious imageries 

As I tore through her tissues 
Into the intreating hands in queue 

Yet her silver - cord 
Launched forth my umbilical cord 
Like the letting of rope to a kite to soar 
Her life against death's stake 
To hold my fragile frame 

All just stood in awry gaze 
As in the world I took my place 

Of her pains to have me stay 
she never complained 

But 

A smile and kiss 
For all the agony in wait. 


So, 

This convener of my frame 
Is the most famous of all being of fame 
For my soul on the sands of time, she compelled to stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aircraft: FG threatens to prosecute Rivers for forgery.